In 1988, Ronald Reagan signed the law the IGRA (The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act), which legalized casinos on reservations and allowed the native American to create new objects regardless of the policy of States. In 2016 the total profit of Indian casinos amounted to 105 billion dollars. In 2018, a tribal casino Wind Creek Hospitality has become the first to experience technology Orion Slant. In just 30 years, the official existence of the gambling houses of the Indians has become a Paradise for gamblers and their worst enemy for Donald trump.
Features a tribal casino
Gambling on reservations, according to IGRA, is divided into 3 categories:
- First class – traditional games native Americans who are part of ceremonies or rituals, and bring a nominal prize. The owners of the tribal casinos should coordinate them with local leaders.
- The second class of the bingo, poker and other card games in which the opponents are not playing against casino, but against each other. In the category does not include the classic blackjack and video slots. Games of the second class shall conform to the requirements of the IGRA and National Indian gaming Commission (NIGC).
- Third class – slot machines, blackjack, craps, roulette, and other areas which are popular in commercial American casinos. The opening of tribal casinos with the games third grade occurs after the approval of the NIGC, tribal leaders and authorities of the state in whose territory the reservation.
The activities of Indian casinos controlled by chiefs, representatives of the NIGC, the Committee for home Affairs and Congress. They ensure that part of the profit received in the state Treasury, and the remaining money went to social security of the community, its economic development and to charity.
The owners of the tribal casinos can’t keep all the income yourself. Often the profits from gambling are distributed between native Americans living on the reservation. The annual amount of social benefits may exceed 120 thousand dollars per person!
The main feature of a tribal casino that they are always on the reservation or on the land, which is owned by an Indian. This feature allows the native Americans to open casinos, even in those States where gambling is prohibited.
Popular games in tribal casinos
In the tribal casino widely two types of gambling: card and table games the second category. After changing the algorithm of the slot machines, the Indians got the opportunity to install in gambling special slot machines. Try your luck at baccarat, blackjack or video slots, classic can only in the popular institutions with high annual income.
This feature of tribal casinos is due to the IGRA. The law passed by Reagan, allowed to open a casino on the reservation, even despite the ban, but the games have to be legalized at the level of a particular state. Usually it is bingo, bingo and poker classic with a small number of participants.
Casinos that want to expand portfolio, must apply to the Governor and to send a formal request to Congress with a list of desired games. Instead of the gambling house undertake to pay state income tax as representatives of the monopolies.
Jim Allen and Orion technology Slant
The discoverer of the slots of the second class and the Savior of the tribal casino was Jim Allen. Until 1993 he was a Manager in the companies of Donald trump in Atlantic city and oversaw the work of three casinos. In 2001, Jim was hired by the Seminoles, the owners Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Florida.
The main rival of Mr. Alain became the state’s Governor Jeb Bush. The representative of the authorities did not want to develop an Indian gambling in Florida and did not allow tribal casinos to use slot machines of the third class.
Jim found the perfect solution. Managing the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino persuaded several manufacturers of slots free with bonus to create slot machines with a new algorithm. Outwardly, they looked like a typical “one-armed bandits” of Las Vegas, but connected to the Central server. Thanks to the innovations the visitors played not against the house but against each other they do not violate the terms of IGRA.
Slot machine developed by Allen in 2003, became the basis for the new technology Orion Slant from PlayAGS. The company has created a slot machine of the second class on touch controls. Monitor video slot consists of 2 screens. The size of the top – 32 inch, bottom 24.
In the experimental version of Orion Slant installed at Wind Creek Hospitality in Alabama, contains 15 games. If the technology becomes popular, the producers promise to improve platform capabilities and expand the portfolio up to 30 applications. So far, the players offer to try your luck in the Fu Nan Fu Nu, Aztec Gold, Dragon Fa, 7 Diamond, Kingdom Cash and Vegas Gold.
Interesting facts about tribal casinos
- The second largest casino, Mohegan Sun, run by the descendants of the Mohicans, is located just a few miles from its main rival Foxwoods Resort project paketov.
- Annually, a representative of the Seminole tribe receives a score of 128 thousand dollars in dividends from the casino just for its origin. The trust is opened after the Indian 18 years.
- According to the NIGC, the gaming facilities in 28 States controlled only by 238 tribes. From 329 tribes (58%) do not own a casino because of the lack of territories and resources for their construction.
- Indian casinos by 2017, has created more than 620 thousand jobs for local residents.
- Tribal gambling houses often run not residents of the reservation, and the external management companies. Cherokee casino in North Carolina, the Prairie Band in Kansas, and Ak-Chin in Arizona, Harrah’s manages the firm. Gambling house Mohegan Sun run by the tribal elders and the South African company.
- Donald trump tried to compete with the tribal casinos in California. He opened the first gambling house, which was not the Indian name. In 2006, casino 29 Tramp moved on to another owner and changed the name to Spotlight 29. Perhaps it is this failure turned trump the worst enemy of Indian gambling houses. The casino is the personal enemy of the current President of the United States became and Jeb Bush. The Governor did not allow Donald Trump to make a deal with the tribes of Florida, and to legalize casinos in the 1990s.
Gambling establishments of native Americans cause a lot of questions and criticism, including from the administration of Donald trump, but this does not prevent them to develop, to increase their annual income and to introduce new technologies.